Every foreign student must provide the College with their first academic year’s tuition, fees, and room and board prior to registration. All persons admitted to the United States on a student visa are required by law to be registered as full-time college students and be enrolled for a minimum of 12 (credit) hours per semester.
Steps for Acceptance at TBC
A. A completed application and $150 International Student Admissions Fee
B. The high school transcript or GED Certificate. Students who have been home-schooled must have proof of graduation.
C. ACT or SAT scores.
D. 3 References
E. Completed Financial Verification and Supplement for F-1 Applicant’s forms.
F. Hearing impaired students and/or foreign student (native language other than English) will be required to pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
G. If you are a Transfer Student, an official transcript from each college attended will need to be sent directly to Trinity Baptist College Office of Enrollment Management.
Undergraduate students must submit the official results of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if the native language is other than English. Arrangements can be made to take this test by visiting online at www.toefl.org. Acceptable test scores must be submitted at least one month prior to enrollment.
Steps for obtaining your visa
After all of the above materials are received. The file will be reviewed. Upon acceptance, the applicant will receive the I-20 from which are needed to apply for the student visa.
1. Obtain your I-20 from Trinity Baptist College.
- Fill out the Financial Verification Form and send original bank documents. Students requesting an I-20 to apply for an F-1 Student Visa must show that enough money is available to pay for at least the first year of their degree program as well as the estimated living expenses for any dependents. It is assumed that this amount will be available for each additional year of study.
- Fill out the Supplement for International Applicants to make sure we have all the identification information to issue your complete and correct I-20.
- If you are already studying at a different university in the United States on an F-1 Student Visa, notify your admissions guide.
2. Pay the SEVIS fee.
This fee must be paid at least three days before your visa interview in U.S. dollars by credit card online, by check or bank draft drawn on a U.S. bank, or by Western Union Quick Pay. Go to www.fmjfee.com, and follow these instructions:
- Click on "Proceed to I-901 Form & Payment."
- Scroll to the bottom, and select I-20 and OK.
- Fill out the next page with your personal information.
- The form requires the "School Code," TBC's school code is MIA214F00661000.
- The form requires the SEVIS Identification Number on your I-20. This number is in the upper right-hand corner of the I-20 and begins with an N and has 10 digits.
- Check that the information is correct on the next page.
- Choose first-class mail or expedited delivery. The credit card form has a place for the cardholder's address. You do not need to fill this in; it is not a required field.
- PRINT AT LEAST 2 COPIES OF THE RECEIPT!
3. Apply for your visa.
All visa applicants are required to be interviewed. You must make an appointment with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an in-person interview as early as possible. Be prepared for the interview. Be sure to take the following information with you:
- Passport. In order to enter the United States on a student visa, you must have a passport valid for at least 6 months past the expiration date on the I-20.
- Financial documents. You will need to prove to the visa officer that you have enough money available to pay for at least the first year of your degree program. The visa officer may ask you how you intend to pay for the rest of your education and expenses, as well.
- Acceptance letter
- I-20 form
- Copies of all educational documents you presented to Trinity Baptist College in order to be admitted.